Saturday, September 3

Flakie-gasm ahead, WARNING!

I've had this obsession for flakes for a while, running a close 2nd behind hologramic polish is my love for flakie polish. What is a flakie polish do you ask, it is a type of nail polish that has mylar-irregular shaped sparkles suspended into it.

I have a feeling this a going to be a growing industry trend with more and more nail polish companies releasing these types of polish. Most notable lately, Color Club released "Covered in Diamonds", OPI has released "Lily I love you", Nubar released "2010" in 2010, Orly has released "Fowl Play" and Essie is releasing a gorgeous flakie in it's Holiday 2012 line called "Shine of the Times".

One company does currently have the market cornered on high-end flakie nail polish, they are Nfu-Oh and unfortunately I do not own any of those polishes... as of yet.

I do own some "lower" brand polishes, I do wear a lot of nail polish so if it can hold up to 1-2 days in my life and not chip or wear I'm willing to give it a try. I don't judge or try not to in regards to nail polish.

Here is sampling of what flakie polishes I do have:
From Left to Right:  love & beauty light green, Claires - purple unnamed, Nubar 2010, NYX Peach Ave., Color Club Covered in Diamonds











From Left to Right: Orly Fowl Play, love & beauty current, Nubar 2010, NYX Peach Ave., Color Club Covered in Diamonds



From Top to Bottom: Orly Fowl Play, Nubar 2010,

NYX Peach Ave., Color Club Covered in Diamonds





From Top to Bottom: Orly Fowl Play, Nubar 2010,
NYX Peach Ave., Color Club Covered in Diamonds


love & beauty light green ( click to view larger)


love & beauty current ( click to view larger)

That's all for today, love and chip-free nail polish to you all!

4 comments:

  1. Flakies can transform any nail polish but are a buggar to clean off lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up Fab, I'll be sure to pull out some aluminum foil to remove this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh....total flakie-gasm! I love the comparisons! The Color Club one really is different than the rest!

    ReplyDelete