This new feathers trend is an interesting one, I starting seeing it in hair, then jewelry... the next logical step–NAILS!.
I'm part of a Facebook group and someone shared a picture of a feather manicure, I had to try it.
Here is it:
1. I used China Glaze Classic Camel as my base color
2. I laid down one layer of Seche Vite topcoat then gently placed the feather on top.
3. I used a small eyeshadow brush to lay down on the pieces of feather by gently patting down. I let that dry and then
4. painted one more coat of top coat going from the tip of my nail to the nail bed as not to disturb the way the feather laid on my nail.
5. I cut off the remaining feather that extended beyond my nail with nail clippers. (here's a hint, cut a bit of you nail also, the feather will end up much more flush and not fray.)
6. One last layer of Seche Vite on top and I was done!
I was very dramatic in person and I will try this one again, a little extra time to do but definitely worth it.
I found the feather's at Michael's Craft Store and cleaned them with rubbing alcohol before placing them on my nail.
Love and chip-free nail polish to you all, until next time.